List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] "mpeg2enc is currently broken"
From:       Mark Heath <mark () silicontrip ! net>
Date:       2007-07-23 23:22:41

I have been using ffmpeg with the mjpeg tools for some time.

To convert from the myriad of formats that ffmpeg supports to yuv use
this command:

ffmpeg -i myfile.ext -f yuv4mpegpipe - | yuvmytool | etc.

To convert to another format from yuv4mpeg use this style of command:

yuvmytool | ffmpeg -f yuv4mpegpipe -i - -vcodec mpeg2video -hq -b
6000  -maxrate 8000  -bufsize 224 myfile.mpg

There are more options you may need, but this should get you started.
Mark