List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] Request for another ML-JPEG
From:       Martin Samuelsson <sam () home ! se>
Date:       2007-02-10 10:54:33

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 11:28:35 -0800 (PST)
"Steven M. Schultz" <sms@2BSD.COM> wrote:

> 	Just another "it's easy to make wishes" posting - at least that's how
> 	it looks to me.  No links or pointers to information about ML-JPEG,
> 	so we're not only supposed to design/create the codec but do all
> 	the legwork/research too.

According to

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.compression/browse_thread/thread/d4d9b94abe3a48df/fa75a26216e7e452?#fa75a26216e7e452

it's some kind of differential MJPEG, storing I-frames and some kind ov B or P \
frames. I knew I should have implemented it (as in my thoughts, not ML-JPEG proper) \
for real when I experimented with it years ago. It's probably patented or something \
similarly ridiculous now. Pah.

Or, hm, 2003... It (ML-JPEG) might have existed then (when I planned differential \
MJPEG). Pah again.

/Sam