List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] Relaying MJPEG from Axis camera
From:       Bernhard Praschinger <shadowlord () utanet ! at>
Date:       2006-12-28 6:19:01

Hallo

> I have a question which might be slighlty OT but I
> could not find any constructive information anywhere
> else (Axis support was of no real help in this case,
> they gave me a download link to IIS extensions after a
> lot of IE-Plugin crap).
>
> I am using an Axis Webcam streaming Motion-JPEG images
> (without audio) for a public site and I don't have
> enough bandwidth to support all viewers with the
> connection from the cam. Are there any tools which are
> able to cache / stream / relay this stream to multiple
> clients with only one connection to the cam ?
I'm sorry, but I don't know of such a programm/tool.
The mjpegtools package and the zoran driver have no "connection" to the
webinterface. (at least I don't know any)

The only other software I that comes into my mind is gstreamer
(http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org). It can handle mjpeg, and from a
short look at the documatation is is able to do something with http.
(plugin called tcpserversink, rtpdec)
Maybe that helps.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter