List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] jpeg2yuv seg fault
From:       Bernhard Praschinger <shadowlord () utanet ! at>
Date:       2006-08-26 10:31:41

Hallo

> I am trying to use jpeg2yuv to make a movie out of individual jpegs.  I installed \
> mjpegtools-1.8.0 today on a Linux/Intel system and it seems to install just fine.  \
> But when I try running jpeg2yuv on a few jpgs, I get a seg fault and core dump (the \
> core indicates that it is from jpeg2yuv).  The command I am using is:
> > jpeg2yuv -f 5 -I p -j WSI-HI_%02d.jpg > result.yuv
>
> The following is written to the screen before the seg fault:
> INFO: [jpeg2yuv] Parsing & checking input files.
> INFO: [jpeg2yuv] YUV colorspace detected.
>
> INFO: [jpeg2yuv] Starting decompression
> INFO: [jpeg2yuv] Image dimensions are 800x600
> INFO: [jpeg2yuv] Movie frame rate is:  5.000000 frames/second
> INFO: [jpeg2yuv] Non-interlaced/progressive frames.
> INFO: [jpeg2yuv] Frame size:  800 x 600
> INFO: [jpeg2yuv] Number of Loops 1
> INFO: [jpeg2yuv] Now generating YUV4MPEG stream.
> INFO: [jpeg2yuv] Processing non-interlaced/interleaved WSI-HI_00.jpg, size 71221
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> Anyone have any ideas about what might be wrong?  Thanks!
I have two ideas. If you use the jpeg-mmx, compile the mjpegtools
without it, and test it again.

Use a image size that where the size can be dived by 16 without rest.
So scale it to 800x608 or so. The problem is the height of 600.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: shadowlord@utanet.at
www: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gz/bernhard