List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] y4mstabilizer bugs
From:       "Steven M. Schultz" <sms () 2BSD ! COM>
Date:       2006-07-11 15:21:23

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006, Dan Scholnik wrote:

> I recently took some really unsteady video (walking on sand, partially
> zoomed in; we're talking the bridge of the Enterprise after a direct...
> pixel default) then it tends to segfault as soon as the motion is
> greater than that, which is to say right away.  I can keep things going

> The first type of segfault (from too large a motion) is the most
> important, and I've narrowed it down to the motion estimation code,
> specifically gmotion() or motion().  I'll track it down myself

	Interesting!  I also am seeing a segfault in y4mstabilizer.  Had
	a VHS tape that was a little unstable (shakey in the vertical
	direction - tape jitter, etc) - no where near 200 pixels though.
	After 41 frames of still (black screen leadin) y4mstabilizer segfaults
	on the first non-black frame.  Even more strangely this only seems
	to happen on PPC based systems, on a AMD64 system no segfault.  I've
	saved a 500 frame sample which triggers the behaviour - maybe when I
	get back from vacation I'll have time to poke around in the code (the
	area of segfault is in the gmotion() routine it seems).

	Cheers,
	Steven Schultz