List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] mpeg2enc.1: quantisation or quantization that is
From:       Christian Ebert <blacktrash () gmx ! net>
Date:       2006-07-06 7:33:46

* Steven M. Schultz on Wednesday, July 05, 2006 at 21:30:15 -0700:
>> mpeg2enc.1 gives wrong long option names. AFAIK both
>> quantization/quantize and quantisation/quantise are correct
>> spellings; but as practice and
>

> 	I think the correct fix would have been to remove the -Q option ;)
>
> 	That option verges on being useless.  My impression is that it was
> 	added as an experiment, the experiment didn't produce the expected
> 	improvments but the code was never removed.

Good to know. So I don't have to worry any more whether it would
give improved results. In practice I never used it in practice ;)
Only tested the misspelled long option for an error.

In theory there should be no difference between theory and
practice ;)

_B A U S T E L L E N_ lesen!  --->> <http://www.blacktrash.org/baustellen.html>