List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] Qt to Dv
From:       "E.Chalaron" <e.chalaron () xtra ! co ! nz>
Date:       2006-07-03 21:27:47

Hello Matt
Sorry took me a little while to A/ thank you and B/ reply...

As far as I know there is no YUV4MPEG2 --> DV utility...
BUT ... it would not be the first time I make a fool of myself..

>      y4mscaler -O preset=DV -O chromass=444
>  This will give you DV frame-sizing, but 4:4:4 Y'CbCr chroma, so that
>  "y4mtoppm" won't have to do any chroma-supersampling itself.  (Then,
>  "ppm2raw" will subsample back to 4:2:0.)

Which I will use since I am using the (brilliant) y4mstabilizer from a 422 8
bits progressive camera.

> I'm curious if this works any better.

I will be back to you a bit quicker than this time
Thanks again and regards

Edouard