List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] Re: transcoding pinnacle dc10 footage for MAC?
From:       Bernhard Praschinger <shadowlord () utanet ! at>
Date:       2006-03-21 18:05:50

Hallo

> > ive got some videos captured through a dc10 on a now-dead Win95 PC. when i
> > attempt to play them on my powermac (osx) using quicktime player, the video
> > shows up blank (white). however they play fine on the freeware VLC player on
> > the same mac. quicktime player says the codec is "Motion JPEG OpenDML".
> > Windows says they're DirectPlay. The file extension is AVI.
Sound like you have recorded some mjpeg encoded AVI's

There are 2 types of MJPEG, I would say the W95 did not use the version
the quicktime player is able to play back.

You should be able to compile the mjpegtools on a MAC running OS-X
without to much problems. (Most tools are command line only, except
lavplay)

With the mjpegtools you can edit, and convert mjpeg encoded AVI/MOV
files. You can also encode them to MPEG 1/2 if you want ot burn them on
a DVD.

What do you get when you type on the commandline: file video.avi (you
have to replace the video.avi with one of your files)

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: shadowlord@utanet.at
www: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gz/bernhard