List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    [Mjpeg-users] Re: Question about AGC for the DC10+
From:       Andrew Piecka <apiecka () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2006-03-12 15:33:01

Ronald,

I modified the saa7110 module with the first of the two suggestions you
made, i.e. changed the third byte from 0x40 to 0x00. Now I get a very
nice picture. So that is the one to use when you make the driver change
in the future.

This was puzzling to me for a long time because it seemed to only occur
on captures from a tuner. I have captured stuff from my camcorder for
quite a while, but when I got the second card I wanted to to some
"taping" of on-air programming. The big mystery was when I had the same
problem with the output of my TV, not my VCR. I guess that both my VCR
and TV are mucking with their output signals somehow to cause the AGC
problem.

At any rate things are good now, if only channel 7 had a better signal.

Again, many thanks for the information, and for taking the time to share
it.

Andrew