List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] lavrec: audio/segfault problems with a dc-30
From:       Bernhard Praschinger <shadowlord () utanet ! at>
Date:       2006-02-12 9:42:45

Hallo

> After some failed attempts to get a dc-20 working, I want to give it a
> try with a dc-30. :-)
> I have a 2.6.14.2 kernel with alsa. The device is working with xawtv.
> But when I try to record with lavrec it segfaults:
>
> /usr/bin/lavrec -f a -i P -d 2 test.avi
> **ERROR: [lavrec] Error initializing Audio: Audio task died. Reason:
> Error mapping audio buffer - Input/output error
> ++ WARN: [lavrec] Not ready for capture (state = 0)!
> Segmentation fault
What soundcard do you have ? Does recoding without sound work ? (-a 0)
That lookes like anoth program is using your sound card. And the sound
card cannot playback and record at the same time. Or the sound card is
not able to record in mmap mode.

> When I add the -U option I get this error:
>
> /usr/bin/lavrec -f a -i P -d 2 -U test.avi
> ++ WARN: [lavrec] Unable to set negative priority for audio thread.
> ++ WARN: [lavrec] Pthread Real-time scheduling for audio thread could
> not be enabled.
> **ERROR: [lavrec] Error reading audio: Audio task died. Reason: Error
> Sound driver returned partial fragment!
>  - Input/output error
> Segmentation fault
That happens when the sound card is not delivering the whole buffer.
Only a part of it. lavrec cannot handle by now such fragmented buffers.

> I also tried to record sound with record, and this works fine.
Have you also tried arecord -f cd -M ....
What is the output of "arecord -l"

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: shadowlord@utanet.at