List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] SVideo-In on graphics card
From:       Michael Hanke <hanke () nada ! kth ! se>
Date:       2006-01-31 7:14:02

Am Montag 30 Januar 2006 19.02 schrieb Bernhard Praschinger:
> Hallo
>
> > I apalogize if this is not the right list to ask...
> >
> > Recently, I got a new graphics card (NVidia 6600) which has SVideo and
> > Composite *inputs*. Is there any possibility to capture video from these
> > sources? If yes, does lavrec do the job?
> If xawtv works, and maybe streamer it is likely that lavrec can also
> record from the card. You might have to use a different setting (-i P
> for 2nd input for example) for the input than you would choose on a
> zoran based card.
This is exactly the problem. I tried all input settings with xawtv but I
didn't see anything. So the problem is which input device to use. /dev/video0
is a DVB-T card not connected (?) to video-in. Which modules must be loaded
to make the graphics card device seen?

Thank you.

Michael

> BTW: Did the lvs patch I sent work ?

I did not have time to test it out. The new semester has just started...