List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] mplex problem
From:       Jonathan Black <vampjon () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-01-28 22:36:43

Trent Piepho wrote:
> And if you've read this far, and want to try to fix an AC3 stream you
> have, you can download my ac3 resyncer at
> http://www.speakeasy.net/~xyzzy/download/ac3resync-1.0.tar.gz

Interesting. I have encountered the same problem with certain AC3
streams on downloaded material, and until now I had been using jsoto's
'delaycut' tool <URL:http://jsoto.posunplugged.com/audiotools.htm> to
fix them. It is aimed at Windows, but can be used from the command line
as well as its GUI. Source code is available, but I never got round to
seeing about porting it into a good old UNIX command line tool, rather
I have just been running the .exe under Wine when I need it. Your tool,
however, seems to accomplish the same in less time, I suppose due to
lack of Wine overhead for one thing. If you want to make your source
code available, or even submit it for inclusion in mjpegtools, I would
certainly welcome that.

--
jonathaN