List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] edlist files
From:       Martin Samuelsson <sam () home ! se>
Date:       2005-11-04 18:22:53

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 18:52:27 +0100
Bernhard Praschinger <shadowlord@utanet.at> wrote:

> Hallo
>
> > the button "save secect" or "save all" in glav generate edit list file.
> > Ok, but glav is interactive.  How generate these files invoking glav
> > from within a script, for example?
> I ask myselve why to create them automatically ?
> Automatically you can't cut them properly.

I'll chime in with a case when automatically created edit lists are nice.

I have a simple wrapper script around lavplay that allows me to keep full control \
over lavplay, and simultaneously create edit lists in a manner more understandable to \
me than lavplay's built-in list creator. It's a simple cutting tool.

Ok, they're half-manually and half-automatically created, that's true, but the script \
is what writes them.

Apart from that, I agree that edit lists are simple enough to create manually.

Now... The big question is, I think:

What in the world are you trying to do, Enrico? What are you going to do with the \
lists, in what manner are you trying to build them, and have you read the \
documentation of the edit list file format? It's quite simple and straightforward.

Explain that, and you might get better help.

/Sam