List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] Re: mjpegtools
From:       "Steven M. Schultz" <sms () 2BSD ! COM>
Date:       2005-10-15 17:19:18

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005, Gernot Ziegler wrote:

> AFAIK, it should be possible to use the MJPEGTools in Mac OS X :-)
> Anyone who could give Daeron more tips ?

	It is indeed possible to use almost all of MJPEGTools on OS/X.    The
	encoders (mp2enc for audio and mpeg2enc for  video ) work very well
	on OS/X.  All of the filters are usable also.

	As was mentioned earlier the 'lavrec' (recording/capture) program is
	Linux specific so it will be necessary to do the capture some other
	way and move the data over to OS/X.  Also I don't know what video
	editors will function on OS/X - Kino is rather linux  specific as I
	recall.  I use FinalCut (the 'Express' version is DV only while the
	'Pro' version handles everything from DV on up thru 10bit uncompressed).

	Building mjpegtools for OS/X isn't rocket science but does require
	commandline expertise and a bit of patience to build all the
	required dependencies (libquicktime, SDL, etc).

	Good Luck!

	Cheers,
	Steven Schultz