List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] yuvdenoise -S and -b
From:       "Steven M. Schultz" <sms () 2BSD ! COM>
Date:       2005-10-10 17:02:12

On Sun, 9 Oct 2005, Frank Albrecht wrote:

> > 	The other thing that can be done is find where streamer is calling
> > 	'quicktime_set_audio' and find out if it is setting things up
> > 	correctly for what libquicktime is expecting.
>
> I inspected the sources of 0.9.7 and 0.9.2 and it differs completely.

	I was thinking more of looking at xawtv/streamer than of libquicktime.

> I'm not a C Programmer ;-)

	Hmmm, that makes it a little more difficult :)

>  (gdb) run streamer -t 0:30 -o movie.mov -f yv12 -F mono16
>  qt / video: 12 bit YUV 4:2:0 (planar) / audio: 16bit mono  (BE)

	Is mono (1 channel) correct?

>  Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
>  [Switching to Thread 1075430496 (LWP 7554)]
>  0x4022c534 in quicktime_set_audio (file=0x806bbf8, channels=1,
>      sample_rate=44100, bits=16, compressor=0x40215d6c "twos")
>      at lqt_quicktime.c:408
> 408             lqt_set_audio(file, channels, sample_rate, bits, *info)

	Next thing to try is building 'streamer' with debug symbols and
	finding out where streamer calls quicktime_set_audio.

> I think there is no chance until Gerd fixes the problem. I
> think, he is unreachable because of spam filtering. At

	Is there a xawtv mailinglist? Perhaps posting on that mailing list
	will not be filtered and someone else might be able to help

> September, 30th, there was a new release, xawtv-3.95, error
> remains the same.

	:(

	Time to look in xawtv and see how it is calling the libquicktime
	routines - but at least you're "current" now on the xawtv version ;)

	Cheers,
	Steven Schultz