List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] mpeg2enc 1.6.2: maximum allowable -b = 15000?
From:       "Steven M. Schultz" <sms () 2BSD ! COM>
Date:       2005-08-23 23:58:34

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Joe Friedrichsen wrote:

> >	Let me guess - you're trying to encode HD material :)

> Nope, just curious! I have a NTSC DV camera, and I'll be encoding for

	Oh - ok.  Last time the subject came up someone was trying to
	encode HD material.

> According to the link I've included, 15000 is the max bitrate for MP@ML
> encoders; but, maybe it's different in the source.

	If you're running something newer than 1.6.2 you can, as I mentioned,
	use the "--no-constraints" and -V options to cajole mjpeg2enc to
	encoding at higher rates.  Prior to the RC2 or cvs versions there
	was a bug that effectively no-op'd the no-constraints option.

	I have, as an experiment, encoded 1920x1080 (well, actually it should
	be 1920x1088 with the vertical display size set to 1080 - but mpeg2enc
	doesn't support setting that option in the headers).

	Cheers,
	Steven Schultz