List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] DC10+ PVR with lavrec then lavplay General
From:       Martin Samuelsson <sam () home ! se>
Date:       2005-08-18 17:01:28

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 07:17:31 +1200
Phil Bertram <phil.bertram@clear.net.nz> wrote:

> Am I correct in assuming I can do all of this with ...
> 2.6.x kernal,

Yes.

> zoran kernal drivers

Yes.

> and v4l kernal drivers

Yes.

> and, without X (xorg) ?

Yes.

In practice, you'd have to compile your own mjpegtools (or rather lavtools, which is \
a subset of the mjpegtools set) to get lavtools without X dependencies. Historically, \
there has been a need to remove a reference to the X libs in the lavplay makefile. I \
don't know whether it still is needed. It's an easy operation, in any case.

This is how I started using the lavtools, and continued for a couple of years until I \
got a machine capable of handling graphics.

/Sam