List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] Converting from jpg/png to dv
From:       Dik Takken <D.H.J.Takken () phys ! uu ! nl>
Date:       2005-08-10 15:36:49

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005, Steven M. Schultz wrote:

> 	Hmmm, not sure if a release can be done a non-admin of the
> 	project.   I really really hate forked projects

Yes, forking should be the last thing to do of course.

>	- better I think to leave it as a 'cvs version'

CVS is really nice, but only for the "upper-class nerds" who are used to
compiling their own stuff.. :) I think SMILUtils is too important a
project to be CVS-Only (TM), it should be available to anyone if possible.

As for myself, using CVS stuff is no problem, but still I try not to use
CVS versions, unless a new release can be expected. When I use CVS
versions, I can't share my video processing scripts with the rest of the
world. When someone asks me: "Hey, can I have your script?", I have to
tell them: "Sure, but the software it depends on is not included in your
Linux distro".

But of course I can't help taking a peek at CVS features every now and
then.. :)

Cheers!

Dik