List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] More info on mplex + lpcm problem
From:       Dave Chapman <dave () dchapman ! com>
Date:       2005-08-06 17:22:35

Skip Intro wrote:
> Folks:
>
> I'm still having trouble multiplexing a LPCM file with an MPEG-2 video
> stream with mplex
>
> I'm using the command line
>
> mplex -f 8 -L 48000:2:16 -o output.mpg video.m2v audio.pcm
>
> The "audio.pcm" file is 48K , stereo, 16 bits, Motorola byte order
> When loaded into Adobe audition, it plays fine.

Firstly, are you using the latest (CVS) version of mplex?  There is a
known bug in 1.6.3rc1 which is fixed in CVS.

If that doesn't fix the problem, can you post the output of the mplex
command?

Also, what are you using to play back the multiplexed file?  Are you
sure that it is not a bug in that application?  Have you tried burning
it to DVD and playing in a hardware player?

I don't think very many people use LPCM audio with mplex - but I do, and
it works fine.  But only if you are using the latest CVS - 1.6.3rc1 and
earlier versions are broken.

Dave.