List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] Could not read YUV4MPEG2
From:       Bernhard Praschinger <shadowlord () utanet ! at>
Date:       2005-07-11 15:01:47

Hallo

> I am running SuSE 8.2 on  AMD MX2200 mjpegtools-1.6.1.92
> I have copied NTSC VHS from TV card with mplayer to -oac copy -ovc copy
> and also tried lavc -mpeg4
The mjpegtools can only handle mjpeg encoded AVI's and Quicktime files.

Usually this files are produces with lavrec or streamer from the xawtv
package with a command like that:
streamer -s 352x288 -r 25 -o movie.avi -f mjpeg -F stereo
(PAL Example)

lavrec should work from generic v4l cards, the commmand lookes like
that:
> lavrec -f a -i p -g 352x288 -q 80 -s -l 70 -R l --software-encoding test03.avi
(Again a PAL example)

For mor information please take a look at the documentation.

If mplayer is able to create a mjpeg encoded AVI from the card that
should work too.

> I want to maje into a dvd.
>
> When I try to encode as mp2 I get
>
> mpeg2enc -f 8 /home/Raena/TEMP/lestzes.avi-o /home/Raena/TEMP/lestzes.mp2
>    INFO: [mpeg2enc] SETTING EXTENDED MMX for MOTION!
>    INFO: [mpeg2enc] SETTING MMX for TRANSFORM!
>    INFO: [mpeg2enc] SETTING EXTENDED MMX for PREDICTION!
> **ERROR: [mpeg2enc] Could not read YUV4MPEG2 header: bad stream or frame
> header
>
> I have looked in mail archive but no luck.
> Any help gretaly appreciated.
Please take a look at the mjpeg howto you find on mjpeg.sf.net.
There the recording and encoding of videos is explained which several
examples.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: shadowlord@utanet.at