List:       mjpeg-users
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-users] computer hangs when viewing with xawtv
From:       dasdurfen soeinfach <dasdurfensienichtsoeinfach () yahoo ! es>
Date:       2005-07-05 8:43:18

 --- Bernhard Praschinger <shadowlord@utanet.at>
escribió:

> You wrote once that recorindg works fine if you
> don't have any tv
> application running. So if you have tried several
> different TV
> applications, I would think that the problem is your
> grafic card or the
> grafic card driver. And less likely your mainboard,
> ore something else.
>
> With lspci -v (as root) you find out which HW you
> have. You should get
> something like that (chipset and grafic card for
> example):
> # lspci -v
> 0000:00:00.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices
> [AMD] AMD-760 MP
> [IGD4-2P] System Controller (rev 11)
> 0000:01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: Matrox
> Graphics, Inc. MGA G550
> AGP (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
>
> If you have a nvidia grafic card which drivers do
> you use ? (open source
> or the drivers from nvidia)
>
> auf hoffentlich bald,
>
> Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter
>
> Email: shadowlord@utanet.at
> www: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gz/bernhard

> Migration Strategies
> from IBM. Find simple to follow Roadmaps,
> straightforward articles,
> informative Webcasts and more! Get everything you
> need to get up to
> speed, fast.

I use the driver that comes with the Mandrake
distribution, so I suppose it is open source.  I will
try with the one from nvidia.  But it only happens
with the dc10+ because I have another tv card in the
computer and it works fine.
I have tried with the options of xawtv I think Anne
told me, and it worked for a long time but at last it
crashed or better, the computer hanged.
Bye.