List:       mjpeg-developer
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-developer] [Mjpeg-users] Converting the zoran driver to
From:       "Ronald S. Bultje" <rbultje () ronald ! bitfreak ! net>
Date:       2008-09-01 17:28:07

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 12:41 PM, Bernhard Praschinger
<shadowlord@utanet.at> wrote:
>>> Is the conversion of the zoran driver from V4L1 to V4L2 part of
>>> your plans? Apparently V4L1 will be removed from the kernel by the
>>> end of the year, so the zoran driver needs to be converted,
>>> otherwise it will be removed as well.
[..]
>> To answer your question: No, I don't have a conversion on my agenda,
>> in part because I hoped V4L1 would linger on for a while more, and in
>> part because I don't know how big a job it would be. The various V2
>> command and modes do not have any 1:1 mapping to V1 ones.

I don't understand the question, the module supports all v4l2
commands. You can rip out the v4l1 ones by simply adding an #if 0
around it.

As for the communication between the modules, yes, that's v4l1, and
anyone could "scriptically" replace them, there's enough examples and
that's not difficult at all. Whoever removes v4l1 from the kernel is
welcome to do this simple task also.

Ronald