List:       mjpeg-developer
Subject:    [Mjpeg-developer] Research study on CVS - you can help and get paid!
From:       Eric Gilbert <egilber2 () cs ! uiuc ! edu>
Date:       2006-07-04 2:48:06

I am a Computer Science graduate student at the University of
Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I need your help in a study I want to
conduct. I have created a project called LifeSource that visualizes
CVS repositories. You can find screenshots and info here:

http://social.cs.uiuc.edu/people/gilbert (info on me)
http://social.cs.uiuc.edu/people/gilbert/research.html (info on
LifeSource, the CVS project)

LifeSource appeared as a Work-in-Progress paper at ACM's CHI 2006 in
Montreal (http://www.chi2006.org). I applied LifeSource to the
Azureus and Gaim CVS repositories. I would like to apply the same
visualization to your
project. Next, I want to see if you as the visualized community find
it accurate, helpful, disturbing, etc.

In order to participate in the study, you will need to view the
LifeSource visualization once a week (on the web) for four weeks and
respond to two short online surveys.

You will receive a $20 gift certificate for your participation.

I can fully explain the process in the near future - just email me
back. I will provide all of the information of the methodology of the
study online. (We can set up a blog for study members to leave
further comments.)

Please let me know what you think. I plan on using the study in a
long paper to CHI 2007.

Cheers,
Eric

P.S. I apologize for the spam and will send no more.