List:       mjpeg-developer
Subject:    Re: [Mjpeg-developer] RE: Bug in lavtrans? "lavtrans -o output.avi -f a
From:       Bernhard Praschinger <shadowlord () utanet ! at>
Date:       2005-10-05 17:23:47

Hallo

>  >> The problem is not due to the 2GB limit. I am aware of that limit.
> The
>  >> sum of the two files is supposed to be about 1.7GB. The result was
> about
>  >> 150MB less.
>  >What happens if you us Quicktime as output format.
>  I tried with "lavtrans -o output.avi -f q input1.avi input2.avi".
> Lavtrans gave an error due to the input files are not in Quicktime
> format.
That should not happen. Did you get that message:
Opening output file test.avi: Input file format not recognized

That try using "lavtrans -o output.qt -f q input1.avi input2.avi" seems
that you cannot specify Quicktime and use a avi file extension.

>  >What are the exact filezize numer ?
>  >I have just created a file with 1898593088  with lavtrans and that
> command line:
>  >lavtrans -o test.avi beach_boys.avi nightwish.avi sophie.avi
>  >Each file has that size: 892756688, 735792332, 262119240
>  The files have the size 1239088832 and 423587196. The output size is
> 1497179204 (i.e. too small!!!).
Right that is much to small. And I have no idea why it should break
there. Except maybe a full harddisk.

If lavtrans crashes a backtrace might be intresting.
Were both files created with the mjpegtools ?
Can you try to decode each file with "lav2yuv file.avi | yuvplay -c"
And see if all frames are decoded properly, so the number of frames
printed out by yuvplay is the same as you get from lavinfo. I fear that
a frame could be damaged.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: shadowlord@utanet.at