List:       miros-discuss
Subject:    Re: For review: BSD::arc4random
From:       Thorsten Glaser <tg () mirbsd ! de>
Date:       2008-07-09 19:00:35

Dixi:

>My approach would now be:
[…]
>• irssi plugin change to
[…]

This would involve every _user_ of the BSD::arc4random module to do that
itself. A better solution is to write an arc4random(3) C implementation
which communicates with an EGD (or something with EGD-like interface,
like the pre-natal mirngd ¹), as (AFAIK) the EGD protocol allows pushing
as well.

① as discussed on http://marc.info/?l=miros-discuss – but this will take
  a while, as other things are higher up on my TODO

Therefore, I suggest keeping this as-is (but exposing arc4random_addrandom
nevertheless) for BSD::arc4random 1.00, to be able to upload something, and
waiting for the egd/prngd/mirngd interface for BSD::arc4random 2.00.

//mirabilos
--
Sometimes they [people] care too much: pretty printers [and syntax highligh-
ting, d.A.] mechanically produce pretty output that accentuates irrelevant