List:       miros-discuss
Subject:    Re: segmentation fault
From:       Thorsten Glaser <tg () mirbsd ! de>
Date:       2006-05-19 21:33:19

ptaaukar dixit:

>Question number one:
[...]

Benny?

>Question number two:
>
>I can't identify a tool (except vipw) to add new users. adduser and useradd were not found.
>Has MirBSD a particular tool to manage users<int>

The tools you know from OpenBSD have been removed.
We will, eventually, have a shell-based adduser
and a tool to add groups, but no user removal,
because users shall never be removed from a system.

This has been discussed a few months before the
release of MirOS #8 which was the last one with
the adduser tools from OpenBSD (originating from
NetBSD, duplicate code in C and perl).

At the moment, you're bound to use vipw and
$EDITOR /etc/groups.

bye,
//mirabile
--
> emacs als auch vi zum Kotzen finde (joe rules) und pine für den einzig
> bedienbaren textmode-mailclient halte (und ich hab sie alle ausprobiert). ;)
Hallooooo, ich bin der Holger ("Hallo Holger!"), und ich bin ebenfalls
... pine-User, und das auch noch gewohnheitsmäßig ("Oooooooohhh").  [aus dasr]