List:       mingw-users
Subject:    [Mingw-users] A fragile situation with GCC using mingw
From:       Greg Jung <gvjung () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-10-01 4:33:07

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

  Hi all, I was until today kinda smug about how well my mingw builds were
going, I'm building
windows version of gnudatalanguage and, it turns out basically by accident
I hit upon perhaps
the only configuration one can successfully create this.  It is built with
CMAKE, one option
of which is to go for openMP - actually it is an option already turned on.
At some point I was
using CC=gcc -mthreads but I took that down on my 4th mingw installation -
the one which has /local32 and /local64
branches defined.  So far I'm only going for 32 bit, so -mtune=pentium3
generally takes care of that.

 The problem is possibly in a common include file that has the lines:
#if defined(_WIN32) || defined(__CYGWIN__)
#include <rpc/xdr.h>
#else
#include <rpc/rpc.h>
#endif

  when I try to compile with -mthreads I get errors about 3 files deep
after rpc/xdr.h>...<rpc/types...[compiler]ole2
for multiple definitions etc., <rpc/rpc.h> is worse.

 It DOES WORK, THOUGH, with no -mthreads and with -fopenmp;
the build.make link command file asks for -lvcomp and I substitute -lgomp
then I give it -pthread (all manually) and it works.

  Problems come now when its time to add wxWidgets to the mix.   I built wx
with -mthreads and it doesn't mix
(looking for a personality in libstdc++-6).  I downloaded wxw binaries
built with TDM using SJLJ; this linked and the program ran until it didn't,
when I first try to create a widget: ../../src/msw/thread.cpp(1339) etc.
blahblah.

Most of the info I can get is rarified and old; I'm hoping someone here can
provide insight to the questions I dont know enough to ask more
specifically.