List:       mingw-users
Subject:    [Mingw-users] Upgrade to GNU gettext-0.18.3.2 available
From:       Keith Marshall <keithmarshall () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2014-04-28 19:21:31

Folks,

I've uploaded binary packages for GNU gettext-0.18.3.2, to our usual SF
distribution site; the entire package set may be downloaded from
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MinGW/Base/gettext/gettext-0.18.3.2-1/

In addition to capturing bug fixes from the upstream project, this build
eliminates the bogus path name references, which were the cause of
https://sourceforge.net/p/mingw/bugs/2108/; thus, upgrading to this
release will be a requisite for circumvention of this bug, (although
unfortunately, this alone will not be sufficient; all packages which
were linked against the affected gettext-0.18.3.1-1 build will also need
to be rebuilt, and upgraded).

This release also corrects several packaging defects, which were
introduced with the gettext-0.18.3.1-1 distribution.  To upgrade to this
release using mingw-get, you are advised to first remove any gettext,
libintl, libgettextpo, and libasprintf components which are already
installed:

  $ mingw-get remove gettext libintl libgettextpo libasprintf

then install all desired components, as new, using either the

  $ mingw-get update
  $ mingw-get install <component-name> ...

command sequence, or the GUI alternative.  Use of the usual

  $ mingw-get upgrade ...

procedure is *not* recommended; it is likely to fail, due to package
conflicts in the gettext-0.18.3.1-1 build.  In particular, note that the
bogus gettext-dll component *must not* be installed; it conflicts with
all of libintl-dll, libgettextpo-dll, and libasprintf-dll, each of which
should be individually installed, as required.

--
Regards,
Keith.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may \
cause your account to be moderated.