List:       mingw-users
Subject:    Re: [Mingw-users] bug in strtod()
From:       <sisyphus1 () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2013-12-15 14:14:02

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Rockett

> So true! If you do any serious floating-point calculations and end-up
> with errors in the 1 ulp range you should be punching the air with
> hysterical delight!

You'd love perl then - it has 1ulp discrepancies all over the place ;-)
As an added bonus, you can get quite a few 2ulp discrepancies - and I think
I've seen the odd 3ulp discrepancy there.
This was what sent me down the path of seeing what strtod (which perl does
*not* use in assigning its floating-point values) was reporting in the first
place.

Cheers,
Rob

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may \
cause your account to be moderated.