List:       mingw-users
Subject:    [Mingw-users] Packaging Glitches
From:       David Gressett <DGressett () amli-denton ! com>
Date:       2013-09-23 20:14:58

I somehow managed to remove libmpc-2.dll, which crippled the Ada
 compiler; Since the mingw32-libmpc package seemed to be a
probable location for it, I removed and reinstsalled it. That
produced a "probable package conflict; existing file not
overwritten" for libmpc-3.dll and did nothing for
libmpc-2.dll; The Ada compiler still refused to run.

I then took the easy way out, I obliterated  everything and started
over with a new installation with a freshly-downloaded installer.
I selected a the mingw-developer-toolkit and the mingw32-base and
a few others, including gdb 7.6.1
I unselected gcc (because I need to install the previous 4.7.2
version with the mingw-get command line) and started the
installation, which had only one problem:

install: gdb-7.6.1-1-mingw32-info.tar.lzma
 installing gdb-7.6.1-1-mingw32-info.tar.lzma
mingw-get: *** ERROR *** C:\MinGW\/share/info/bfd.info: extraction failed
mingw-get: *** ERROR *** C:\MinGW\/share/info/bfd.info: probable package conflict; \
                existing file not overwritten
mingw-get: *** ERROR *** C:\MinGW\/share/info/configure.info: extraction failed
mingw-get: *** ERROR *** C:\MinGW\/share/info/configure.info: probable package \
                conflict; existing file not overwritten
mingw-get: *** ERROR *** C:\MinGW\/share/info/standards.info: extraction failed
mingw-get: *** ERROR *** C:\MinGW\/share/info/standards.info: probable package \
                conflict; existing file not overwritten

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may \
cause your account to be moderated.