List:       mingw-users
Subject:    Re: [Mingw-users] Help with the symbol _fstati64 isn't part of /usr/lib/w32api/libmsvc*.a
From:       Earnie Boyd <earnie () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2013-06-07 16:40:50

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Lord Flaubert Steve Ataucuri Cruz wrote:
> Please Mr Earnie Boyd or someone could you considerated help to me? I
> think it is easy to you but a little hard to me
>
> > On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 11:03 AM, Lord Flaubert Steve Ataucuri Cruz wrote:
> > > I got this error when compile into a cygwin context in order to
> > > produce a setup.exe, Do you know what is the reason?
> > >

> > You mean Cygwin's setup.exe?  You should ask Cygwin
> > <cygwin@cygwin.com> or maybe one of another of the lists would be more
> > appropriate.
> >

> I think it is the correct place to ask for support because I am using mingw.

No, you are not using MinGW, you are using Cygwin and Cygwin's old gcc
-mno-cygwin.  We provide our own tools for building software.

> > > this is my macros:
> > > LDFLAGS = -L/usr/lib/w32api
> > > LIBS = -lmingw32 -lws2_32
> > >

> > Where's the command line?
>
> Ok I am trying to build an installer of some great tools of linux to
> windows, but I wanna use mingw and cygwin (the reason is to avoid the
> dependencies on cygwin runtime). I type "make" in my directory which
> we build:
>
> my make file is at http://pastebin.com/EQGuXsEx and the output of make
> is too long sorry for this:

Better to all than not enough.

--8<--
> /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/3.4.4/libstdc++.a(basic_file.o):basic_file.cc:(.text+0x4ed):

Gcc 3.4.4 and I bet you have an old version of the runtime libraries that ...

> undefined reference to `__fstati64'

... doesn't have this defined as an import.

> I don't know why it has undefined reference to __fstati64 , my parameters are:

I'd suggest that you install a newer version of runtime libraries but
be aware that you probably might need a newer version of the compiler
and linker as well.  Newer versions of GCC do not understand the
-mno-cygwin garbage.

> yet LDFLAGS = -L/usr/lib/w32api
> LIBS = -lmingw32 -lws2_32

Also, there is no need to add -lmingw32, it should be added by the
compiler when it calls the linker or libtool.  Adding a default
library yourself could cause an out-of-sequence order.

If you want further help on this issue from mingw-users, please
install and use MSYS as your POSIX environment for MinGW.  You'll be
much happier with it.  Otherwise, you'll need to ask
cygwin@cygwin.com.

--
Earnie

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may \
cause your account to be moderated.