List:       mingw-users
Subject:    Re: [Mingw-users] Is XP Administrator the root user?
From:       Earnie Boyd <earnie () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2013-06-04 20:38:00

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 4:16 PM, macropanther wrote:
> I think you misunderstood my question.  If I am logged into XP as
> Administrator and install MinGW/MSYS, does MInGW/MSYS (more MSYS, I guess)
> choose to treat that user as ITS root user.  In other words, does MinGW even
> have a concept of a root user?

MSYS is nothing more than a Windows program when it executes.  It
provides a look & feel wrapper.  Windows controls the users.

> BTW the package being installed IS for Windows to make it able to compile
> Gstreamer.
>
> Since it took so long for anyone on any forum I tried to give me an answer,
> I tore out MinGW, made a non-admin XP user, switched to that user and
> installed MinGW again.   No difference.  The cerbero package still breaks in
> more or less the same place.

Maybe the users of that package can give you better help?  There is
nothing specific to MinGW or MSYS that will matter for determining a
root user.

--
Earnie

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may \
cause your account to be moderated.