List:       mingw-users
Subject:    Re: [Mingw-users] shell exits immediately..?
From:       Renato Silva <br.renatosilva () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-10-30 16:32:58

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Em 30/10/2012 05:08, "Andrew" <notes@shaw.ca> escreveu:

> [...]

Those exit lines you pasted early look just like if you had typed the exit
command, which makes me wonder if for some crazy season bash is just
receiving that command from standard input.

Another suggestion, make a diff out of the full unique file list you
mentioned above when you start bash from cmd.exe and it exits, and the list
for when you can successfully start bash (e.g. from mintty).

Yes, I'm very curious to know what's happening. So please provide feedback
on these and the previous suggestions :-)

It's a bit frustrating when you get curious and try helping someone, but
they don't share the solution or if they just gave up, like on some recent
threads around here :-/

> Andrew

> http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
> We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list
etiquette may cause your account to be moderated.

[Attachment #5 (text/html)]

Em 30/10/2012 05:08, &quot;Andrew&quot; &lt;<a \
&gt; &gt; -----Original Message-----<br>
&gt; &gt; From: Maximus5 [mailto:<a \
href="mailto:ConEmu.Maximus5@gmail.com">ConEmu.Maximus5@gmail.com</a>]<br> &gt; &gt; \
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2012 10:19 PM<br> &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; What is in your %COMSPEC% environment variable?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I&#39;m on Windows 7 64 bit if I didn&#39;t say before, if it matters..  :)<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; Thought, would be nice to see lines from Process Monitor log<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; (when &quot;exit&quot; triggered, of course). Upload it somewhere<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; and post here the link.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I put the entire file up, it&#39;s not that big - only included process \
names<br> &gt; containing &quot;bash&quot; I put both LogBash.CSV and LogBash.PML<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I wasn&#39;t sure where else to put them so I just put them at <a \
&gt;<br>
&gt; I have to go for a couple days, but just wanted to get that up... in case<br>
&gt; y&#39;all were dying of curiosity! ;)  Will resume when I get back.. and \
Many<br> &gt; thanks for the help from you guys! :)</p>
command, which makes me wonder if for some crazy season bash is just receiving that \
command from standard input. </p> <p>Another suggestion, make a diff out of the full \
unique file list you mentioned above when you start bash from cmd.exe and it exits, \
and the list for when you can successfully start bash (e.g. from mintty).</p> <p>Yes, \
I&#39;m very curious to know what&#39;s happening. So please provide feedback on \
these and the previous suggestions :-)</p> <p>It&#39;s a bit frustrating when you get \
curious and try helping someone, but they don&#39;t share the solution or if they \
&gt; Andrew<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>
 &gt; Everyone hates slow websites. So do we.<br>
&gt; Make your web apps faster with AppDynamics<br>
&gt; Download AppDynamics Lite for free today:<br>
&gt; MinGW-users mailing list<br>
&gt; <a href="mailto:MinGW-users@lists.sourceforge.net">MinGW-users@lists.sourceforge.net</a><br>
 &gt;<br>
&gt; This list observes the Etiquette found at<br>
 &gt; We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette \
may cause your account to be moderated.<br> &gt;<br>
&gt; You may change your MinGW Account Options or unsubscribe at:<br>
&gt; <a href="https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mingw-users">https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mingw-users</a><br>
 &gt; Also: mailto:<a \
href="mailto:mingw-users-request@lists.sourceforge.net">mingw-users-request@lists.sourceforge.net</a>?subject=unsubscribe<br>