List:       mingw-users
Subject:    Re: [Mingw-users] MinGW GCC 4.7.0 released
From:       ralph engels <ralphengels () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-06-15 9:36:14

Den 15-06-2012 10:07, Fredric Johansson skrev:
> On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Earnie Boyd
> <earnie@users.sourceforge.net>  wrote:
> > > Do mingwrt and w32api need to be rebuilt with this GCC release (I read
> > > there was an ABI breakage)?
> > I'm under the impression that we should if just for the safety reason.
> > The GCC mingw-get meta data should be keyed to the versions of
> > mingwrt and w32api as well and other packages keyed to the mingwrt
> > version.
> >
> I did a rebuild of latest mingwrt and w32api with gcc-4.7 to test. I'm
> not sure if they were built correctly or if there is a bug because now
> a simple "hello world" in either c or c++  crash on load. Do anyone
> else who have tested experienced that?
>
> //Fredric

> http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
> We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may \
> cause your account to be moderated.
First time i tried building 4.7.0 everything that used libstdc++ (static
or dynamic) would crash, i had to rebuild api crt and binutils +
dependencies (gmp mpfr mpc iconv pthread etc) before it started working
so yes i can confirm that it happens. My current build seems to work
though but its a mingw64 build. older compiled libraries seem to work ok
with it also if the things above are rebuilt with 4.7.0.

Regards Ralph