List:       mingw-users
Subject:    Re: [Mingw-users] Building libxml2 2.8.0 on WindowsXP fails
From:       Eli Zaretskii <eliz () gnu ! org>
Date:       2012-06-09 11:35:00

> From: Lothar <lothar.behrens@lollisoft.de>
> Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 11:42:18 +0200
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Using the wrong tools?

You need to use the MSYS tools to configure and build libxml2.  If you
have them installed, just run the configure script from the top-level
directory, and then run "make" and "make install".  The "make" you
should be using is the MSYS make.

Alternatively, look in the win32 subdirectory at instructions in
Readme.txt, and follow them to the letter.  (Since the configuration
files in win32 suffer some bitrot, I recommend the MSYS way.)

Or just download the precompiled binaries and use that.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may \
cause your account to be moderated.