List:       mingw-users
Subject:    Re: [Mingw-users] Calling DocumentProperties
From:       Keith Marshall <keith.d.marshall () ntlworld ! com>
Date:       2011-02-22 22:11:09

On 22/02/11 20:29, Ian Puleston wrote:
> So question - is there a way to build a Windows DLL under MinGW so
> that it can call a Windows API function such as DocumentProperties
> directly?

Yes.  gcc -shared ...

> And anyone know if there is any reason that DocumentProperties isn't
> included in the GNU win32api package?

I don't understand what you mean by the GNU win32api package.  MinGW
uses its own implementation of the development interface to the Win32
API; it's called w32api, and has nothing whatsoever to do with GNU.

It does appear to provide DocumentProperties; in my own local source
sandbox, (long lines folded for mailing):

$ grep -i documentprop w32api/include/*.h
w32api/include/winspool.h:LONG WINAPI
   AdvancedDocumentPropertiesA(HWND,HANDLE,LPSTR,PDEVMODE,PDEVMODEA);
w32api/include/winspool.h:LONG WINAPI
   AdvancedDocumentPropertiesW(HWND,HANDLE,LPWSTR,PDEVMODE,PDEVMODEW);
w32api/include/winspool.h:LONG WINAPI
   DocumentPropertiesA(HWND,HANDLE,LPSTR,PDEVMODEA,PDEVMODEA,DWORD);
w32api/include/winspool.h:LONG WINAPI
   DocumentPropertiesW(HWND,HANDLE,LPWSTR,PDEVMODEW,PDEVMODEW,DWORD);
w32api/include/winspool.h:#define AdvancedDocumentProperties
   AdvancedDocumentPropertiesW
w32api/include/winspool.h:#define DocumentProperties DocumentPropertiesW
w32api/include/winspool.h:#define AdvancedDocumentProperties
   AdvancedDocumentPropertiesA
w32api/include/winspool.h:#define DocumentProperties DocumentPropertiesA

$ grep -i documentprop w32api/lib/*.def
w32api/lib/winspool.def:AdvancedDocumentPropertiesA@20
w32api/lib/winspool.def:AdvancedDocumentPropertiesW@20
w32api/lib/winspool.def:DocumentPropertiesA@24
w32api/lib/winspool.def:DocumentPropertiesW@24

Follow the MSDN guidelines for inclusion of winspool.h, and append
-lwinspool to the linking command.

--
Regards,
Keith.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may \
cause your account to be moderated.