List:       mingw-users
Subject:    Re: [Mingw-users] How to build *shared* openssl libraries in msys
From:       Roumen Petrov <bugtrack () roumenpetrov ! info>
Date:       2010-10-31 11:16:08

Sisyphus wrote:
> [...]
[SNIP]

Build with perl script are only supported for 1.+ versions (ref. to
openssl request tracker and development mail lists).
Versions before should use "one makefile build".

You could build based on perl (configure) with attached patch
"openssl-0.9.8o.patch-MINGW.gz". This is updated version of the patch
posted in openssl request tracker. I use it to cross-build.

For the complete patch for MSYS environment at least an additional
change is required. I can not remember which file must be updated - it
is a check for symlink support and MSYS perl return yes. This is
corrected in 1.*  openssl versions.

Why do not just switch to 1.+ version ?

Roumen

["openssl-0.9.8o.patch-MINGW.gz" (application/x-gzip)]

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may \
cause your account to be moderated.