List:       mingw-users
Subject:    Re: [Mingw-users] Statically link to Microsoft C Runtime Library
From:       Charles Wilson <cwilso11 () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2010-10-19 22:19:51

On 10/19/2010 3:40 PM, Keith Marshall wrote:
> Long answer ...
>
> MinGW uses MSVCRT.DLL as its C runtime library; since this is a dynamic
> link library, there is no static linking option.
>
> Technically, since MinGW is a GCC implementation, and GCC *does* provide
> infrastructure to support alternative runtime libraries, it should be
> possible to deploy an alternative, possibly statically linked runtime.
> However, if you wish to pursue such an option, then a) *you* will need
> to furnish the library yourself, and b) *you* will need to tune the GCC
> infrastructure to deploy it; providing support for such a venture is
> beyond the scope of the MinGW Project.

Perhaps this wiki article will be of some help (but, this is unsupported
so if you break stuff you get to keep all the pieces):

http://www.mingw.org/wiki/SpecsFileHOWTO

--
chuck

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may \
cause your account to be moderated.