List:       mingw-users
Subject:    Re: [Mingw-users] mingw-get
From:       Keith Marshall <keithmarshall () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2010-10-15 22:38:07

On Friday 15 October 2010 22:05:34 LM wrote:
> I'm presuming that libgmp is the first library the install program
> tries to download.

No, it isn't; it is the second.  Also, before it gets even that far, it
would need to download all the XML manifest files, (unless you are just
using the bundled manifests from Chuck's INNO installer).  In any case,
with a completely pristine sandbox, the first download is the package
mingwrt-3.18-mingw32-dll.tar.gz; is that somehow already in your
var/cache/mingw-get/packages directory?  If so, how did it get there if
mingw-get was unable to download it.

> It fails there and doesn't attempt to try any further.

Strange.  It should keep going, attempting to download all the rest of
the packages tagged; I would expect to see several further diagnostics,
after this one.

> C:\MinGW\bin\mingw-get.exe: *** ERROR *** Get package:
> http://prdownloads.source
> forge.net/mingw/libgmp-5.0.1-1-mingw32-dll-10.tar.lzma?download:
> download failed

> Thought there was a post on the mingw-users mailing list a while back
> asking for test results using mingw-get,

There was.

> so I wanted to share the
> results from my attempt to use it.  This is the first opportunity
> I've had to try out the new mingw-get.

I appreciate your feedback, but since I can't reproduce this failure,
I'll need help to debug the issue.  Are you able to offer assistance?

--
Regards,
Keith.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may \
cause your account to be moderated.