List:       mingw-users
Subject:    Re: [Mingw-users] Getting rid of xgettext's "CHARSET" warning
From:       Keith Marshall <keithmarshall () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2010-10-10 20:39:52

On Sunday 10 October 2010 19:08:56 Martin Mocko wrote:
> > Then, I guess you need to provide a *minimal*, *self-contained*,
> > test case, to illustrate the problem.
>
> While preparing the example, I sorted it out.

That's good.  One of the reasons we encourage reduction of a problem to
a minimal test case is that exercise of creating it often leads you to
a solution to the problem.

> By the way, I couldn't find MinGW version of sed anywhere (only MSYS
> sed, which is not invoked by Code::Blocks IDE by default),

Well, we are unlikely to ever distribute sed as anything other than an
MSYS application.

> so I used GnuWin32 sed.

That is an alternative you may wish to consider; I've never used it
myself, but have no reason to doubt that it will work for you.

> Is it safe to use MSYS executables outside MSYS shell?

As long as your MSYS /bin is in $PATH (%PATH%), many of them will work,
but it isn't a usage scenario which we officially support.  YMMV.

--
Regards,
Keith.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may \
cause your account to be moderated.