List:       mingw-users
Subject:    [Mingw-users] problems setting up Autogen . . .
From:       Geof Sawaya <Geof.Sawaya () utah ! edu>
Date:       2010-09-30 23:20:39

I'm trying to build autogen-5.10.1-1-msys-1.0.15-src.tar.lzma with the instructions \
here:

http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/download.sourceforge.net/pub/sourceforge/m/project/mi/mingw/MSYS/autogen/autogen-5.10.1-1/autogen-5.10.1-1-msys.RELEASE_NOTES.txt,

but it gets to the part where it is checking build system type, and sys \
config/config.guess can't guess type.   (selected output):
**************
config.guess timestamp = 2009-04-27
uname -m = i686
uname -r = 1.0.15(0.47/3/2)
uname -s = MSYS_NT-6.1
uname -v = 2010-07-06 22:04
/usr/bin/uname -p = unknown
/bin/uname -X     =
hostinfo               =
/bin/universe          =
/usr/bin/arch -k       =
/bin/arch              =
/usr/bin/oslevel       =
/usr/convex/getsysinfo =
UNAME_MACHINE = i686
UNAME_RELEASE = 1.0.15(0.47/3/2)
UNAME_SYSTEM  = MSYS_NT-6.1
UNAME_VERSION = 2010-07-06 22:04
configure: error: cannot guess build type; you must specify one
****************
I attemptecd to specify a build type, but now I get this:

***
$ ./msys-build-autogen autogen-5.10.1.tar.bz2
*** Info: unpacking autogen-5.10.1.tar.bz2
*** applying patch 02_fix_bashisms_in_tests.diff:
patching file autoopts/test/cfg-edit.test
patching file autoopts/test/nested.test
Hunk #1 succeeded at 186 (offset -1 lines).
*** ERROR: patch

***

Any clues OTTYH what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks -- Geof

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may \
cause your account to be moderated.