List:       mingw-users
Subject:    Re: [Mingw-users] code won't compile..
From:       "Jim Buckeyne" <d3ck0r () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-09-20 16:24:40

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
On Sep 20, 2010 1:57 AM, Tor Lillqvist &lt;tml@iki.fi&gt; wrote:

&gt; Probably MinGW32 windows headers are old and unmaintained.

That is not true, as can trivially be seen from the relevant ChangeLog
files, or just timestamps..

If you, or the original poster, just had bothered to grep, you would
have seen that DEV_BROADCAST_DEVICEINTERFACE is in the mingw dbt.h
header, but it is surrounded by:

I did search for the included symbol and found it missing. &nbsp;

#if (_WIN32_WINDOWS &gt;= 0x0410 || _WIN32_WINNT &gt;= 0x0500)

So, to make the compiler see the definition, just do

#define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0500

&gt;&nbsp;Think they stopped updating headers quite some time ago

You misunderstand how Open Source works. It is not some mysterious
"they" that does all the work and which you have the right to demand
stuff from. If you find something missing from the mingw headers, and
want it to be included, you should file a bug, and provide a pointer
to where the information needed can be found in a public source

I did all that for UpdateLayeredWindowIndirect and nothing came of it. &nbsp;Since it \
is not something that an *I* can just take care of... It must be a they

&gt; MingW-w64 is more up to date.

Please keep the mingw-w64 fanboyism off this list, especially if you
in the same post present false claims about the "vanilla" mingw.

&gt; &nbsp;The structure you reference requires windows server 2000, so
&gt; that means they stopped sometime before 2000 apparently.

Blatantly false.

--tml

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may \
cause your account to be moderated.