List:       mingw-users
Subject:    Re: [Mingw-users] "MSYS DTK" -- a *really* bad name [WAS: How
From:       Earnie <earnie () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2010-09-17 4:30:38

Charles Wilson wrote:

> Jasper already answered this part.  If you want to install what USED to
> be called the "MSYS DTK" -- a *really* bad name, as it actually provided
> tools for Developing MinGW stuff; so we now call that collection the
> MinGW DTK! -- then you'd probably want to do the following:

Sorry to burst your bubble but I named it msysDTK because it is
dependent on MSYS and added to the functionality MSYS provided.  Using
your argument of "it actually provided tools for Developing MinGW stuff"
we should call "MSYS" "MinGW" instead since MSYS does the same thing.
Therefore I don't think MSYS DTK is a *really* bad name but I don't care
that you changed the name to MinGW DTK because I do not maintain it and
it is just as *really* bad as MSYS DTK.

--
Earnie
-- http://www.for-my-kids.com

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may \
cause your account to be moderated.