List:       mingw-users
Subject:    [Mingw-users] Recommendations for a regex library
From:       Bruce Merry <bmerry () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-05-31 22:26:10

Hi

I've been trying to port an app from POSIX to a spanking-new MinGW +
MSYS manual install. I'm trying to figure out the "correct" /
"recommended" way to use regular expression functionality in the app,
in such a way that other users have some hope of being able to
replicate my build environment. I naively tried installing MSYS regex
(libregex-1.20090805-2-msys-1.0.13-dll-1.tar.lzma and
libregex-1.20090805-2-msys-1.0.13-dev.tar.lzma), but even a simple
program crashes immediately, and apparently this is expected (see
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=102435&aid=3009491&group_id=2435
for details).

So, is there a standard regex library that's intended for native
applications to link to? It seems there are at least 3 options: a
"user contributed" libgnurx on the MinGW downloads, and two different
choices on gnuwin32. I haven't tried any of them yet, but do people
have recommendations on what has worked for them and is likely not to
have nasty collisions?

Thanks
Bruce
--
Dr Bruce Merry
bmerry <@> gmail <.> com

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may \
cause your account to be moderated.