List:       mingw-users
Subject:    Re: [Mingw-users] popen from a GUI program without opening a
From:       Andy Rushton <mingw-users () andyrushton ! co ! uk>
Date:       2009-09-24 14:05:05

> I was wondering if there is a way to use popen() (or some other
> function) from a GUI program to talk to another program over a pipe
> without opening a cmd.exe window?

I worked out a solution to this one several years ago - I can't remember
the exact details now, except that they are very messy, but I remeber it
involves creating an invisible window. The code is encapsulated in my
open source library stlplus.sourceforge.net as the 'Backtick Subprocess'
class in the portability/subprocesses module. You could take a look at
the code or just use the library.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.

Most annoying abuses are:
1) Top posting