List:       mingw-users
Subject:    Re: [Mingw-users] Path conversion.
From:       Earnie Boyd <earnie () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2009-06-30 13:11:29

Quoting maya sleepy <sleepy.maya@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I am using rvct arm compiler which requires path in windows format ( with
> backslashes )

Is the rvct arm compiler a FOSS distribution or is it closed source?
The requirement for \ is a ridiculous requirement since every function
call will accept either except for a couple very specific ones that
start cmd processes.

> I need to convert these to msys format so that make understands the
> dependency
> information generated by the rvct compiler.
>
> the output of the compiler is as follows :
>
> testcpp.o :      d:\project\test.h
> testcpp.o :      d:\project\test2.h
>
> Any tips on converting this to the msys path ?

As David already said ``sed'' can convert the \ to / but so can ``tr''
and ``awk''.

You may want to use the mingw32-make.exe program from cmd.exe instead.
  Then you shouldn't need to convert it but you may need to quote it.
Hmm...  Saying that maybe quoting would work for MSYS' make as well.
If quoting doesn't work then you'll need to modify the d: to /d or
remove it completely.

GL,
--
Earnie