List:       mingw-users
Subject:    [Mingw-users] how to invoke (install?) mingw64.
From:       patrick flaherty <patf () well ! com>
Date:       2009-04-23 20:11:27

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,

I successfully built the Sourceforge pyOpenSSL project with mingw32.

But I'm on a 64-bit machine and have had problems with loading the
project's DLLs at runtime (on a 32 bit machine loading the DLLs works
fine) and when I found mingw-64 on sourceforge thought I'd give it a try
and see if it helped me out on my 64 bit machine.  The code will
eventually need to be deployed on 64 bit machines.

Downloaded a recent toolchain build.  The instructions I used are here:

http://mingw-w64.wiki.sourceforge.net/Installation+of+binary+toolchain+packages

So I can copy the whole of the toolchain directory structure to any
directory location; add the bin directory within the toolchain to my
PATH; and at least according to the instructions above I should be good
to go.

Yeah right.

The compile quickly exits with:

> L:\MyID\Python\pyOpenSSL>setup.py build_ext -Ic:\openssl\include -c
> x86_64-pc-mingw32
> running build_ext
> error: don't know how to compile C/C++ code on platform 'nt' with
> 'x86_64-pc-mingw32' compiler
Looking around the web, I /believe/ x86_64-pc-mingw32 to be the correct
name to be use.  However when I look under where I installed mingw64, I
find 3 bin directories:
> pat$ pwd
> /cygdrive/d/mingw64
> pat$ find . -name bin
> ./bin
> ./mingw/bin
> ./x86_64-pc-mingw32/bin
> pat$
I originally set the location in PATH to the first of the 3.  Didn't
work.  And then I tried #s 2 and 3 and they provoked exactly the same
error from the build.

pat