List:       mingw-users
Subject:    [Mingw-users]  MinGW 64Bit
From:       fatmcgav <fatmcgav () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-12-30 19:05:46

hi there,

I have a requirement to build a 64Bit version of Strawberry Perl, and i was
pointed in the direction of MinGW 64 in order to build Strawberry. You will
have to forgive my ignorance if some of these questions are straightforward,
i am relatively new to this...

So, my first question is:
1) Is there a working release of MinGW 64?
I've found the
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=202880&package_id=245516&release_id=546049
mingw-w64-bin   on SF, but it says it's still in a Beta state...

If the answer to the above is yes, then
2) What do i have to do in order to get a working MinGW 64 env? Does it have
to be a x64 base, or can i cross compile from 32Bit XP?

Any help appreciated.

Regards
Gavin Williams