List:       mingw-users
Subject:    Re: [Mingw-users] MinGW linker cmdline parser broken
From:       Oliver Lange <bloody () bloody ! in-berlin ! de>
Date:       2008-12-26 14:43:16

Keith Marshall schrieb:

> BSD getopt does this too, but both provide a mechanism to disable that
> feature; the linkers for both these systems do so, and in common with
> the linkers of most UNIX systems, process arguments and options
> strictly in the order given on the command line.

Now i've started something... all because linking indeed only worked
under Linux but not on Win32, which made me believe it had to be MinGW.

Alright, it's definitely not a MinGW problem. It's the result of
an example SCons script which i had to convert to autotools since
SCons doesnt work under MSys because it's using Windows path separators
from Python for Windows. The original script was also using LDFLAGS for
the pkg-config --libs part, and so was my autotools conversion..

Thanks everyone for the detailed answers.

--

Cheers,

Oliver 'Bloody' Lange.