List:       mingw-users
Subject:    Re: [Mingw-users] Error in "%e" formatting.
From:       "Sisyphus" <sisyphus1 () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2008-12-21 1:50:27

----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Marshall" <keithmarshall@users.sourceforge.net>

[snip]

>> Are they wrong on this occasion ?
>
> With all due respect to the MPFR developers, yes, they are dead wrong
> on this occasion; when targetting an MSW host, neither ANSI nor POSIX
> necessarily applies, and if they insist that those standards must be
> honoured, then I fear that they may have completely lost the plot.
>
>> If so, I'm certainly willing to take them to task over the matter.
>
> Please do.

I'm informed that the upcoming mpfr-2.4.0-rc2 test suite will compare its
test results against hard coded values, rather than against values that the
system produces. This should mean that all of the printf() formatting issues
I've enquired about over the last week or so, will no longer have any
bearing wrt mpfr test suite.

For mine, it has been a "blessing in disguise" that they designed the rc1
test suite the way they did. I've learned some things as a result, and a
couple of small MinGW bugs were uncovered in the process.

Cheers,
Rob